Friday, July 17, 2009

Really touching speech.

Few minutes ago, i followed the president's speech on our national TV station. It was a really touching speech for me. Since the first time i saw his face expression, it was clear that he's in a deep sad and great anger for the situation. I have to make it clear here, i have nothing to do with political issues of the election. I have to intention to, let's say, give credits to SBY for his candidacy or whatever. I just really appealed by the speech of my country's president.

In the speech, he used several obvious emotionally touching words (at least for me) as a citizen. He used the word "Saya bersumpah.." ("I swear..") instead of "Saya berjanji.." ("I promise.."), for the nation's law enforcement entities to find, catch, and justify be suspect, planner and the brain of this terror. Furthermore, he also stopped at least twice, with silent, and can't resist his feeling and sorry about the bombing.

This time, he made it very obvious about intelligent facts and findings. He showed photos showing some terrorist activity train to shoot with his photo as the target. He also informed some detail intelligent infos, about people want to sabotage the result of the election, people don't want to see him again in the office, people who would declare a revolution and also people wanting Indonesia to be like Iran after the election. He made it very obvious this time. Maybe it was expressions of as i said, deep sad and great anger.

Coming to the end of the speech, he cited about the cancellation of Manchester United match. Moreover, he explained that this terror has teared down our improving living condition. The bombing just shattered the international trust towards the nation's economy and security stability. He also cursed the people involved on this bombing. He mentioned few people involved in several past crimes who are not being caught, yet, that will laugh in their heart about this bombing.

Finally, he declare using the phrase "Saya akan berada di depan.." ("I will be in the front..") in order to, again, to stabilize the country condition. He asking Indonesian Citizen to not giving up to the threats of terrorism. We have to fighting it together and giving our best contribution to the never ending country's development.

Today, i really felt that i've called as a citizen by my president's speech. I've called to being more concern about my nation's condition and should give my best to it. We have to realize that act of terrorism could affect our daily life on a very sudden. I recalled my close family members, relatives and friends, whose in their daily activity are highly possible to go and pass those terrorist target place. Even me, myself, are often visit places that are very strategic for terrorist attack. They are nearby. The president also made a point that, "Tidak ada satu bangsa dan agama pun yang membenarkan aksi terror.." ("There's no nation and religion on earth that allowing the acts of terror..")

My message is, as the citizen we should unite to improve our country's condition. Fear nothing, except God. As the president said, "Dengan ridho Tuhan yang Maha Kuasa, Alloh SWT.." ("With the bless of God, Alloh SWT..") we can face and go through this harsh time to make it better in the future.

No comments: